Monday, May 10, 2010

My day today


Whew its been a long road. I know that everyone says that its worth it when its over (and it is) but jeez its a hard path to follow. Anyway, my new daughter was discharged and I took her out of the hospital today at 1:30 CST. I am over the moon and happy and tired and looking forward to getting to know this little, and I mean little, person. So with out further ado (if you havent looked already) here she is. She was born May 7, 2010 at 11:32pm. Weighing in at a whopping 5lbs 1.9oz (I told you little) and 18 inches. Her name is Madelyn Grace (Maddie) and Nana and I are in San Antonio TX, settling in with her. We will be here til ICPC clears. I have the opportunity to take an infant CPR class and safety seat class and I am taking that opportunity while we wait. Please forgive the silence, I wanted to keep it close til it was official.

I will post more pictures soon.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Such a wee beauty! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Kimberly said...

Woo hoo! I am so excited! Congrats Mom! Can't wait to see some more pix!

Amanda said...

such a wonderful surprise when I opened your blog congrats looking forward to seeing more pictures

Christina said...

Excited for you. She is a real beauty. Looking forward to more pictures...

Becky said...

Aw, congratulations!

Allison said...

I am crying tears of joy for you. Maddie is beautiful. Such a lucky little girl; such a lucky mommy. I am so happy that you finally have your baby!

Pamela said...

Life is so good...and so is God! he blessed you with the most charming little beauty. What joy you must be experiencing!

Betsy said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! Will be praying that all of the remaining steps go smoothly and that my fine state of TX will be kind to you !!! :)

Shannon said...

What a beautiful, little doll! Congratulations to you all!

Lori said...

She is beautiful!!!!!!! About 12 years ago, when my best friend had her little girl, she named her Madilyn Grace. I was SOOOO mad....that was going to be MY girl name!!!!!!

Needless to say, I love sweet girl's name!!!! So happy for you Beth!!!

Corinne said...

Congratulations !!! She is so beautiful !! I am so happy for you !!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations!! Madelyn Grace is a beautiful little girl!! How sweet to announce her on Mother's Day!

Jackie said...

Oh my word, Beth. I swear, it's only been a few days since I popped over to your blog and what a whammy to see these recent posts announcing your new daughter. Congratulations, Mommy!!! She is beautiful, and precious...and her name is sooo pretty. And, she's a May baby. I'm a May baby and so is Nola. So thrilled for you. Enjoy!!!