Saturday, January 24, 2009

Short weekend

We didnt get any new news today, probably wont hear anything til Monday. J sent out her weekly update with roughly the same info she sent us earlier this week. (See the previous post here). I did decide to take the advice of some of the other waiting families and give myself a break this weekend. I had taken two books on my trip to Kyrgyz , The Host by Stephenie Meyer (of Twilight) and The Treasure by Iris Johansen. I finished The Host, really good by the way in an 'invasion of the body snatchers' sort of way, on the flight home. So with my free time this weekend I decided I wouldnt read anything 'productive' or anything that would 'teach' me anything, just a book for its entertainment value. I read The Treasure. It was pretty good. I have read lots and lots of her books but they started to read the same so I stopped for a while. Dont get me wrong, I like her books especially those that have Eve Duncan (a forensic sculptor). Anyway, I havent read her for a while and it turned out to be a pretty good book. It was a love story, with a little sex thrown in and of course a conflict of some sort before the happy ending. All in all, a good book. I have to go to Wisconsin tomorrow.. brrr to teach a class so my weekend is pretty short. I like keeping busy. I may need to get another book at the airport. Hmmm

No comments: