Tuesday, March 3, 2009

JCICS update

The JCICS put an update on their website today. Not much info but it does seem like they are pretty happy with what they arent telling us, I guess we will find out when we find out.

The DOS had a meeting with the agencies (of the families waiting) and requested some caution when publishing information they hear from sources in Kyrgz. There has been alot of misinformation (aka lies) told to.. well pretty much everyone. J sent a quick update the end of last week and asked that we not post anything until its confirmed. She will, absolutely, keep those in our little ICF family updated with all she knows, good or bad, but will not be able to share everything 'rumored' publicly and has asked that we not post anything either. I am respecting her wishes but will say that the latest conversations seem promising but no champagne or letter or airline booking yet. I think I have forgotten what I will need to do when I get 'the call'. My documents are up to date (so far) nothing expiring til June so I think I am ok. Mind you, I dont think things will move very quickly once they start so I am preparing for 'baby steps' (pun intended) when things get going. There are 65 of us (5 in my little ICF family) that are all going to sprint out of the gate when we start getting letters and I hope that little country is prepared for us to come. Wouldnt it be great if we could all just go at once and take over the place... lol.

Anyway here's the latest from the JCICS:
March 3, 2009 - Joint Council is pleased to confirm that U.S. Embassy officials in Kyrgyzstan met late last week with the Vice Prime Ministers Office regarding the 65 in-process intercountry adoption cases and the future of intercountry adoptions from Kyrgyzstan. At this time Joint Council cannot confirm the exact contents of the conversation.

Further, we can confirm that police investigations are occurring in Kyrgyzstan in regards to accusations surrounding child buying for intercountry adoption. No further information on this subject is available at this time. As soon as more information is available Joint Council will release it on our website.

No comments: