Friday, October 10, 2008

Time to go



Ok, today was saaaaaad. I cried a bit when we left B. He was sleeping and I put him in his crib and jetted to the car. B(our coordinator) told me that he would do everything he could to get him home soon and that B would be well taken care of. But there is always good with bad. I got to feed him again and got a couple little smiles, so I am holding on to that. I dont think this pic really shows anything other than 1/2 a cute nose and part of an eye with some long eyelashes. But it is him. He's sucking his thumb, something I think all the babies there do. Mom and I have had the great opportunity to spend time with a couple of familes here and I cant tell you what a comfort that has been to know things are moving and babies are going home. We are trying to get packed and get to bed early. The flight leaves Bishkek at 6am so we will be getting picked up at 3am. This week has gone by way too quickly and I can only hope that the wait until I bring him home goes by just as quick.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I will be keeping you in my prayers that your return trip comes soon.

Maria said...

I know that your friends here were glad to have you and you mom around as well. I SO wish we could have met while you were here, but we seemed to pass in the wind. I know how very hard it must be to leave your sweet baby boy. You are in my prayers.

Jackie said...

I'm a bit behind, but just catching up on your blog. I love the sneak peeks of your little man. So sweet. I'm glad you had a nice visit and I'm sending you strength as you wait to bring your son home.

Stay strong and be well.

Jackie