Sunday, May 18, 2008

The rookie begins

Hello out there in bloggerland. This is my first post to my first blog. I dont know what took me so long to jump on this wagon but here I am, and I am going to give it a go.

A little bit about me to catch you up to speed:

I am a single woman in the great state of Arizona. I am starting the process of adopting a child internationally. Woo hoo. On January 1st 2008 I made a resolution that has been a long time coming. The first step was taken on my journey to motherhood. I contacted an agency in my home state and started the process.

Alot has been going on since the process started. In February 08 I got approval from the agency and started gathering the paperwork. Oh my, is there alot of paperwork. I was lucky that I already have my passport (Mexico is only 4 hrs away) so I didnt have start that process too. I am a transplant (like alot of Arizonans) so I had to get my birth certificate from Massachusetts. Next came the reference letters. I have to say a big THANK YOU to my awesome friends and family that said such wonderful things about me and got them certified and back to P. so quickly. She was very impressed.!! This support is why I love you. The fingerprints for the state are done and approved. The application has been approved by the agency. I had my first homestudy visit 4/4/08 and my second one on 4/25/08. My homestudy has been completed. My CPS approval is in the Judge's hands.

No comments: