Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am meant to continue

In my last post I mentioned that I had some documents up for expiration and that I would potentially be giving up my journey to adopt from Kyrgyzstan. Well L called me and emailed me my appointment for FBI fingerprints and said 'go today'. I said sure and since the FBI prints dont use that icky ink it didnt take long. So apparently someone is telling me to stay the course. I am hoping that there is some resolution in February regarding whats going on. I am at peace with whatever plan I am to follow. The things that are happening in that little country are beyond my control.
What is in my control is to persue domestic situations that I believe will grow my family. I will keep you posted but am keeping some of the details private. I now believe that I underestimated the opportunities in the US because of my niavety. There are birth mothers that do not exclude a single woman as a potential forever family for their child. Times they are a-changin'.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Beth, we are turning to domestic adoption this year also. I am happy to hear that you are optimistic about it. I hope you'll have great news soon!

Kimberly said...

Very cool Beth - can't wait to hear more when you are free to share!
Hoping for good news in February.

Allison said...

Yeah! Glad to hear about potential opportunties. We are keeping our fingers crossed that you receive good news soon.

V said...

You are in my thoughts. I hope you have good news really soon!

Maria said...

Oh Beth, you will be a GREAT mother. Being single is not a drawback to being a good mom!! I hope you are able to share blessings with us soon!!