Friday, November 14, 2008

Rants and Hopes

J and T are on their way to Kyrgz. No news this week, but we are hoping that their presence will get things moving for our families. I am so fortunate to be working with a small agency that really has a consistent track record in Kyrgyz. I think that our agency is seen in a positive light, and that is good. There are comments all over the adoption groups about closing down and corruption and some agencies getting too greedy..taking on too many families... not giving back... pretty negative stuff. I dont like it much so I think I will stay away from them for a while. I know J watches the boards too and usually mentions the important stuff on our weekly update or in an email directly to us. Its bad enough that we are saddened by the extended waiting, I dont think its in my heart's best interest to get caught up in all that speculation and attitude. Even the blogs I read are affected, everyone is feeling the strain and are either very quiet or venting. So this is my blog and my venting...Supportive comments are what is needed now on all blogs and groups. Stop the bickering, stop the blaming, stop the fingerpointing,.... there were comments on the singles group that were perceived by me (and others) as a, sort-of, 'scolding' for us choosing IA rather than domestic. We all have our reasons and those are our personal choices. Respect those personal choices. I went into this with my eyes WIDE open and knew what I was getting in to. Those are my rants. I am holding onto hope, and will continue to do so until Porkchop comes home. Remember, if it were easy ....everyone would do it. lol

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Beth... just sending out my support... i hope your coordinators make a difference. For your and all the agencies involved.. To get the ball rolling for all the kiddos to come home. The wait is frustrating... heads up! They will come home just a matter of when.

Ann

Becky said...

I hope that J&T can get some stuff rolling there. The latest 'news' is terribly frustrating, and I hope its all speculation and that things keep going. At the very very least, for those between trips waiting to go back to get their babies. We have no referral yet and I would be totally devastated if they shut it down and we never recieved one though.

Christina said...

Praying that J and T can get something going. Just continue to ignore any negative comments you might receive. We all knew what we were getting into when we chose IA so these are the risks we take. It isn't always easy but we chose it. Just look at what your end result will be when you bring Porkchop home. Keep on praying.

Allison said...

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this while Porkchop waits halfway across the world. The boards have been so disappointing lately and I have stayed away from them myself. Hoping and praying that you hear good news very soon!