Sunday, March 28, 2010

New eReader


I have jumped on the e-reader bandwagon, finally. While Mom and I were in Mexico we had dinner with some friends and they were going on and on about their new Kindles. I must admit, I had NO intention of ever buying one of these overpriced electronic gadgets. I never liked reading on my laptop, and figured it would be the same. I loved reading an actual 'book'. AND I never had to turn 'off' a book on take-off or landing. Well, I stand corrected. I really like it. I did some research online, about the Kindle, the Sony eReader and the Barnes and Noble Nook. I found that, for my use, I would be better off with the Sony E-Reader. In addition to the epub books it can view, I can read pdfs and word docs. The ability to read word docs comes in handy when I am on the road and want to review my syllabus or workshop documents. I dont have to carry them. I am still getting to know it, but so far I have read two books and its really cool. It also allows me to make lists and write notes. It has a keyboard or you can use the handwriting feature. I like it. I like it alot.
The latest news from Kyrgz is hopeful the laws have been passed but we still have no timeline for bringing kids home. On the domestic front, I am staying positive and am hopeful that I will be a mommy soon.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Mom got me a Kindle for my birthday and I am still adjusting as well and wondering how I will like it. We ae headed for a road trip in two weeks, so I am thinking that is when it will prove its worth (or lack thereof!).

Always praying for you and the child or children you will one day mother. I was at acupuncture this morning and I just lifted each and every name of each and every mommy whose heart was hurting...praying always.

Allison said...

I am a book snob and swore I would never own an "electronic book". However, I borrowed a Kindle for our trip to China and I have to say that I loved it. I wouldn't want to read it everyday but for travel it was perfect.
Still praying and hoping for all of you waiting in Kyrg. Hoping and praying that you will be a mommy so very soon.