Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taxes back.. so now New Fridge!


I decided when I got my taxes back that if it was good enough I would invest in a new, more efficient, fancier fridge. I know.. 'dream big Beth..dream big' lol. I didnt want to touch the adoption fund and have been living with this smallish fridge since I bought my house 5 years ago. Anyway I have been perusing my company website to see what kind of deal I could get. We have a great employee discount and I found that on top of that I got another 10% off. Sometimes its good to work for a global multi-divisional company. I found the fridge but then---what color do I get? Should I match the (old) dishwasher, stove and microwave and get white? Or, go for the snazzy new Clean Steel option (no fingerprint stainless-woo hoo) and work to replace the others--of course only thinking of the environmental benefits to new energy efficient appliances not because I want pretty, shiny appliances. hehe. And then the kicker--do I want the water dispenser inside or on the outside?? Decisions Decisions. Here in Arizona having cold water dispensing from your fridge is, in my opinion, a necessity not a luxury. We cant just 'turn on the tap' and get cold water here. Betcha didnt know that huh. The water from the sink gets tepid at best, and that's only if you let it run (again with the conservation) for a while. So the CleanSteel won and since there will be a little person running around the kitchen someday the water dispenser is inside the fridge. I dont want any puddles of water when she gets big enough to figure that out. Here it is (it comes on Friday) Woo Hoo!

No comments: